Subject: BP6 + X11 success
To: None <tech-smp@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: tech-smp
Date: 05/09/2001 11:32:50
I finally found the time to take the BP6 I had sitting on a shelf and
stuff it into a case.

I built a MP kernel (ala GENERIC.MP) and booted it.  It worked the
first time, without problems other than the USB not working one.

I recently purchased a Matrox dual head card (g450) and, after
replacing the xfree driver in our source with the one from Matrox, got
dual head working without any icky binary drivers.

So, now my MP box is rather happily being MP, stable, and
dual-headed.  I'm really rather happy.  :)

I personally feel it's time to merge the branch onto the mainline, if
only to get more people testing things.  I know it isn't done, but
things will happen faster on the branch, and AFAIKT there isn't a lot
of planning for 1.6 currently.  Perhaps MP can sneak into it :)

--Michael