Subject: Re: Alpha MP goes multi-user, code committed to NetBSD-current
To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 04/20/2001 12:05:08
On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 11:46:14AM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:

 > I need to fix the serial ports here. I've been waiting for the SCC
 > MI driver, but I think it's time to stop doing so.

Well, first of all, I'll switch the DEC 3000s to use the new SCC
driver by default, and leave people who want to use modems to define
OLD_SCC_DRIVER instead.  Then we can get the attachment stuff worked
out for the new SCC driver.  This will take care of the people who
want to use graphics consoles on the DEC 3000s, too.

(And then I'll corner Studenmund and get the control line nonsense
worked out in the new SCC driver so we can finally shoot the old
one in the head :-)

 > Good job, Jason!

Thaks :-) .. man, I'm looking forward to seeing an 8200 run MP finally --
this is something I've been working on for ... too many years now.  (I first
wrote the Alpha CPU spinup code in ... 1998.)

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>