Subject: Re: 1.5S vs sparc/MP
To: None <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: tech-smp
Date: 03/15/2001 01:37:52
> BTW the reduced noise from the cache semaphore is due to only enabling
> debug for the first use of it in each smp_*flush*() routine.
> If I turn them on all the time, things look better, but I suspect that
> has too much to do with the printfs...  maybe the cache semaphore is
> not helping at all.  I'll take it out again...

Ok so I took the cache_semaphore stuff out again and :-)

sd0(esp0:3:0): max sync rate 8.06MB/s
sd0: 4094 MB, 3882 cyl, 16 head, 135 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 8385121 sectors
IPsec: Initialized Security Association Processing.
root on sd0a dumps on sd0b
root file system type: ffs

{0}sema_signal(0xf02b11ec,2) == 2
panic: lockmgr: no context

Ie. we panic as soon as we let cpu1 run.

Stopped at      cpu_Debugger+0x4:       jmpl            [%o7 + 0x8], %g0
db{1}> ps
 PID             PPID       PGRP        UID S   FLAGS          COMMAND    WAIT
 5                  0          0          0 3 0xa0204         aiodoned aiodone
 4                  0          0          0 3 0xa0204          ioflush  syncer
 3                  0          0          0 3 0x20204           reaper  reaper
 2                  0          0          0 3 0xa0204       pagedaemon pgdaemo
 1                  0          0          0 7 0x80004             init
 0                 -1          0          0 3 0xa0204          swapper schedul

Unless anyone has any ideas, I'm going to drop this for a while...

--sjg