Subject: Cluster of Sparcstation2's
To: None <tech-smp@netbsd.org>
From: Joel Baker <jjb41@cam.ac.uk>
List: tech-smp
Date: 03/11/2001 20:42:23
Hi there,

I've managed to get hold of several Sparcstation 2's and a couple of 1+'s
and I've been happily using NetBSD on all of them with tremendous success. I
would like to however to now investigate the possibilities of clustering
them together in an SMP style so that they effectively work as one machine.
I understand that the speed of the final result won't be astounding, but
it's more the concept that I find interesting.
I've been through the tech-smp archive, but it all seems to relate to true
SMP (ie: multiple processors in the same machine) rather than this parallel
processing approach.

Is this sort of idea possible in NetBSD and if so, where do I begin! I
understand that this can be done in Linux (Google etc.) but I'd prefer to
use NetBSD obviously.

Many thanks in advance,
Joel.