Subject: Re: latest MP kernel?
To: None <CaptnZilog@aol.com, tech-smp@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
List: tech-smp
Date: 02/14/2001 16:43:03
| Is there a 1.5 (-current) MP kernel available for testing on the ftp site
| somewhere?  Or is it best to sync up to -current on my source tree,
| add the sommerfield smp stuff, and then build a kernel as to the
| instructions a few months back?

The latter works fine for me.

Well, more precisely, I was tracking cvs -current and in .../sys/arch/i386
I updated to the MP branch ("cvs update -dP -rsommerfeld_i386mp_1"),
and remembered not to use the "-A" flag when doing occasional top-level
cvs updates.

There are occasional drifts between -current userland and the .../i386
code using this approach, but nothing hugely major, and various people
have kindly synced the branch to -current from time to time.

	Sean.