Subject: Re: pulling sommerfeld_i386mp_1 into trunk?
To: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: tech-smp
Date: 01/07/2001 18:44:29
Several fixes committed over the past while appear to have
dramatically improved stability of the mp branch; however, merging the
branch as it stands today would be a mistake.

I'm reluctant to make schedule estimates at this point, but my current
plan is roughly:

 - make sure the most recent merge with -current [committed today] is
   stable (looking good so far)

 - generate another set of test kernels & floppy images to allow for
   easier testing.

 - make sure that the branch works when built !MULTIPROCESSOR
	(currently it doesn't)

 - do the initial phase of the interrupt dispatch rewrite I have planned
	(getting things to the point where irq sharing is no longer
	broken)

 - get code review, merge to -current

					- Bill