Subject: Re: Lazy bum panic?
To: Chris Collet <chris.collet@mail.com>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: tech-smp
Date: 11/14/2000 13:21:43
> I've been trying to get the generic multiprocessor kernel to boot on a dual
> pentium 150 American megatrends Titan II motherboard, which appears to boot
> fine until:
>
> ioapic0: pa 0xfec00000, virtual wire mode, version 11, 16 pins
> mainbus0: WARNING: interrupts not configured
> panic: lazy bum
> Stopped in swapper at	cpu_Debugger+0-x4:	leave
> (cpu 0)db>
>
> I've noticed a few other people have posted a similar error. Has anybody any
> idea what this means

The "lazy bum" referred to is myself, for not implementing one corner
of the MP BIOS spec (default interrupt configurations) because

> or how I should go about fixing it? Thanks in advance.

Fill in the code in arch/i386/i386/mpbios.c which currently reads:

		/* XXX */
		printf("%s: WARNING: interrupts not configured\n",
		    self->dv_xname);
		panic("lazy bum");
		return;

.. based on the default interrupt configurations found in the intel
multiprocessor spec version 1.4.

					- Bill