Subject: Re: SMP-related process state changes
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: tech-smp
Date: 05/25/2000 19:41:34
On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 09:22:05PM -0700, Greywolf wrote:
> This puts us then at NetBSD 1.4Z.  Danger, Will Robinson!
>
> ...or are you talking about going to 1.4Z, calling it a branch freeze
> and releasing 1.5? :-)
>
> [For the ones who do take releases seriously:  No, I'm NOT trying to be
> either of a) obtuse or b) a PITA.  I'm just wondering if we do NOT go
> to 1.5 at this point, what happens next?]

This was discussed in a long thread a while back - I don't recall which
list.

1.4ZA sorts after 1.4Z. Sort order is significant for pkgsrc versioning
purposes. (As well as general sanity)

So, it seems you'll be seeing 1.4ZA, 1.4ZB, 1.4ZC...

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Although some of you out
there might find a microwave oven controlled by a Unix system an attractive