Subject: Heads-up: big scheduler-related diff coming soon
To: None <tech-smp@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 05/23/2000 20:38:13
Hi folks...

This is just a heads up to let you know that in the next couple of days
I'll be committing a fairly large, but simple, diff which rearranges the
scheduler a little.

Here's the scoop:

	- Global scheduler state has had meaningful prefixes
	  put on the names: sched_whichqs, sched_qs, sched_slpque.
	  This is to help identify them as global scheduler state.
	  The declarations have also been centralized in kern_synch.c

	- Per-cpu scheduler state moved into struct schedstate_percpu:
	  runtime, curpriority, and what was p_schedflags.

	- cpu_info structure and the curcpu() macro are now mandatory,
	  and I have added one to all ports.  The definition of cpu_info
	  has also been simplified a little.

	- All references to per-cpu scheduler state are now made through
	  curcpu().

This is just a first sweep -- there's a bunch of general scheduler
cleanup to do before we can actually schedule processes on different
CPUs.

If you have any objections, then you'd better speak up now -- I'm only
going to sit in this for a couple days before it goes in.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>