Subject: Re: MP patches for i386 vs. -current
To: None <grefen@hprc.tandem.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: tech-smp
Date: 07/18/1999 12:06:48
Stefan Grefen <grefen@hprc.tandem.com> writes:

> The patches are against a pre 1.4 system, which system did you
> compile?

1.4G, aka -current.

> I haven't tested againt the 'current' current yet (time contraints),
> but my last cursory look showed that there is a little more work
> todo.

If you want the diffs, let me know.  The only real changes are trivial
ones, but for the lack of spinning up :)

> I think for some reason sending the IPI to processor 1 failed. As it
> didn't crash the mapping of the local APIC may have failed.

I assume this is different from apic* in the config file?

Also, the mapping of the apic did not fail, at least not in the calls
to i386_init() or i386_ipi() -- they both returned 0.

--Michael