Subject: Re: MP patches for i386 vs. -current
To: None <explorer@flame.org>
From: Stefan Grefen <grefen@hprc.tandem.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 07/18/1999 17:14:36
In message <19990717221804.26979.qmail@kechara.flame.org>  you wrote:

> I have (after some minor hacking) compiled the patches in.  The only real
> changes were making it include machine/pmap.h rather than pmap.new.h, and
> changing kthread_create() to kthread_create1() and kthread_create_deferred()
> to kthread_create().
>
> I get this on boot up:
>
> mainbus0 (root)
> Warning: Configuration Table checksum error
> itlmps0 at mainbus0: Intel SMP specification (Rev. 1.1)
>   found at 0xf5b30 in BIOS[16]
>   Board OEMId [OEM00000] ProdId [PROD0000]
> cpu0 at itlmps0: (bootprocessor) running
> cpu0: family 6 model 6 step 5
> cpu0: Intel Pentium II (Celeron) (686-class)
> cpu1 at itlmps0: ({}) not running
> apic0 at itlmps0 at 0xfec00000
> apic0: io-apic id 2, vers 11
>
> This machine is an ABIT BP2 dual celeron board, with two 433 Mhz CPUs
> installed.
>
> Any ideas?

The patches are against a pre 1.4 system, which system did you compile?

I haven't tested againt the 'current' current yet (time contraints),
but my last cursory look showed that there is a little more work todo.

I think for some reason sending the IPI to processor 1 failed. As it
didn't crash the mapping of the local APIC may have failed.

Stefan

--
Stefan Grefen                                Tantau Software International Inc.
stefan.grefen@tantau.com