Subject: Re: SMP for i386
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 07/17/1999 00:12:03
Michael Graff writes:
> "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> writes:
>
> > The patches are in the PR database. Jason says there are "issues" with
> > them -- you'd have to ask him what they are.
>
> I remember some of them, but I'd really rather not have to install one
> of those "other" Unix-like things, and it hurts more that NT is the
> only OS on there right now that can even detect the other CPU.
>
> What was the PR number, or at least a guess at the title?
>
> --Michael

The PR is '6928':
http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=6928

If you do get an SMP kernel built, perhaps you could make it available
somewhere?  A friend has an SMP box, and we have a number at work,
it would be cool to boot a test kernel and at least see the second
CPU spin up. :)  I haven't tried building my own yet, though it
might not be bad, since it is now possible to checkout the exact
files the diff is for.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.