Re: inetd(8): security behavior

On Mon, May 29, 2023 at 11:50:30AM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> NetBSD tends to be more aware of historic behaviour than some other
> projects, but I think this is the intersection of "behaviour is just
> what came about" with "little used service, so has had less
> attention".

The whole key/value notation is new (and local to the NetBSD version
of inetd), isn't it?

So there is not much compat or historic behaviour to follow here - or am
I overlooking something?

I would support resetting the defaults on error and maybe even at the
start of a new file (but that is debatable, in other config formats that
kind of inheritance gives rope for nice admin tricks).

Martin