Re: strscpy

Le 19/05/2020 à 19:40, Kamil Rytarowski a écrit :
On 19.05.2020 19:15, Maxime Villard wrote:
I would want to keep the difference minimal between the two. I think
that the
version that returns -1 is nice and addresses the concern. What do you
think?

Personally I have got no strong opinion. I would change "size > INT_MAX"
to "size > SSIZE_MAX".

Returning -1 instead of -EINVAL and -E2BIG is good, as there few users
who check return value at all, and if so, they check whether it is less
than 0.

I have updated my patch:

	https://m00nbsd.net/garbage/libkern/strscpy.diff

We simply return -1. Will commit soon unless there is valid objection.

Maxime