kernel event auditing for NetBSD?

I attended a presentation showing FreeBSD's kernel event auditing. It
looked interesting and useful. I think it provides features that are
required by some government and company security evaluations.

It is like a very advanced acct(2) process accounting.

It has a kernel side (of course) that would be a slow process to add all
the places to report. Plus some userland tools can identify themselves
too. Then some userland tools (in the openbsm packege for Sun's Basic
Security Module) that are used to configure/control the auditing and
process the auditing output. These are common configurations and output
so are portable over multiple systems. As far as I know openbsm (the
tools) haven't been used on NetBSD yet (I didn't try yet since unclear
from website where latest it available -- maybe in FreeBSD source tree).

As a summary, by enabling various features to watch, it can output an
audit trail of logins, processes forked, system calls, for the effective
and real and login user and group, etc. The output can be used for
near-real time triggers.

Here are some links:

 FreeBSD Handbook: Security Event Auditing chapter
 http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/audit.html

 OpenBSM: Open Source Basic Security Module (BSM) Audit Implementation
 http://www.trustedbsd.org/openbsm.html

 TrustedBSD Security Event Auditing
 http://www.trustedbsd.org/audit.html

 Trusted Solaris Audit Administration
 http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/805-8121/6j7kril2d?l=en&a=view

 Mailing lists related to this
 http://www.trustedbsd.org/mailinglists.html

Has anyone discussed this before for NetBSD? (I didn't see from
searching mail-index with google.) Any thoughts on this?