Re: less's .lesshst misfeature

> With the last update to less it (and more along with it) grew a
> misfeature where it saves all the patterns you search for within
> files to ~/.lesshst for future retrieval.

> [...this is a Bad Idea...]

I entirely agree.  I really dislike this kind of state-keeping (I've
run into versions of vi that save at least some state, and that too I
find extremely annoying).  It's one reason (there are others) why I
drag a private version of less around with me.

> The cost of disabling it by default, however, is that the behavior
> diverges from upstream.  Are we willing to buy into this?

For this?  I should hope so.

\ / Ribbon Campaign