Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys
To: Elad Efrat <e@murder.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 06/23/2007 15:18:48
On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 09:15:09PM +0300, Elad Efrat wrote:

> can you explain to the people who are cc'd to this message how come
> that core approved and then disapproved of the same change? can you
> also comment on whether or not I pointed this is flawed before and
> right after it was committed? can you also explain why my technical
> opinion was ignored, even though I was still a developer, and was
> accepted only after I removed myself from the list of developers?

Sometimes people change their minds.  Sometimes it takes them some
time to decide to change their minds.

I have a tremendous amount of difficulty understanding why this is any
kind of problem, rather than as simply the usual give-and-take, including
mistakes, corrections, and so forth, that inevitably occurs in any large
software project.

As regards the kauth documentation I think something in the tree,
like the documentation traditionally kept in /usr/share/doc/psd, would
be ideal.  Nobody can claim not to understand the rationale if it's
written up that way; whereas now, a lot of people don't seem aware of
the rationale for what was done at all, though the documentation of
what was done, itself, is perfectly fine.

Thor