Subject: Re: SE Linux vs SE NetBSD !!
To: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: tech-security
Date: 08/28/2006 11:16:20
>The Navy loves Sun Ray systems running with a Sun Ray server running
>TSOL.

You should be careful when you make sweeping generalizations about huge
organizations like the US Navy.

I can tell you for a fact that the Navy's official stance is that there
is _one_ Officially Approved operating system (well, okay, it's some
permutation of Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista, I can never keep track).  Look
at the Navy Marine Corp Intranet (the officially approved IT
infrastructure); it's ALL Windows.  So while there may be rogue pockets
in the Navy that use operating systems other than off-the-shelf Windows
(and I'm glad I work at such a place), it's outside the norm.

--Ken