Subject: Re: sysctl knob to let sugid processes dump core (pr 15994)
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-security
Date: 02/03/2006 17:27:59
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:

> "security" node doesn't seem to fit to the way how the rest of tree is
> currently organized.
> do you want to create "performance" top level node, which collects
> performance related knobs?  to me, "security" node seems something like that.

No, I think a "performance" node would be a bad idea. But security is
special, because it's so important. That said, I'm not sure it really
needs a separate node; I'd need to examine all the security-related
settings in context to see.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson            <cjs@cynic.net>             +81 90 7737 2974
   by those who have not got it.    --George Bernard Shaw