Subject: Enhanced Virus Protection (EVP) and NetBSD?
To: None <tech-security@Netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-security
Date: 07/29/2005 17:05:19
I read at
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_11541,00.html
the following:

   Enhanced Virus Protection (EVP) is only enabled by certain operating
   systems including the current versions of Microsoft(R) Windows(R),
   Linux, Solaris and BSD Unix. After properly installing the appropriate
   operating system release, users must enable the protection of their
   applications and associated files from buffer overrun attacks.

I did a few searches and didn't find references to NetBSD.

What is this Enhanced Virus Protection for BSD Unix?

Do we support this AMD feature? If so, maybe we should use AMD's jargon to
describe it also so it can be found via google.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/