Subject: Re: Filesystems ACLs in contrib/projects.html
To: <>
From: Dunceor . <dunceor@gmail.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 06/03/2005 12:21:09
There is another thing I was thinkin about.
If you read on the POSIX 1e page
(http://wt.xpilot.org/publications/posix.1e/) then it let you know:
       "Important note: The standards IEEE 1003.1e and IEEE 1003.2c
are both drafts         and withdrawn. This means, that both are
neither finished nor worked on by the IEEE any longer. However, there
are some goods idea in the standards paper, so that people may be
interested in reading them anyways. "

Why does FreeBSD and NetBSD aim at implementing something that was
suppose to be a standard but was withdrawn?
I have read the documents and they sound good, so why was it withdrawn?

Anybody that have any information regarding this?

Thanks
// Dunceor