Subject: Re: Filesystems ACLs in contrib/projects.html
To: Elad Efrat <elad@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-security
Date: 06/03/2005 00:23:50
On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Elad Efrat wrote:
> 1. Why was it decided to implement filesystem ACLs based on the posix1e
>   specification?
>
> 2. Is the project really implementing extended attributes and then the
>   ACLs code, or doing ACLs in some other way?

That entry comes from me, and having a standard-compliant ACL
implementation seems nice to me, hence the mention of POSIX.
If an implementation based on extended attributes can be done, I see no
reason not to do it, and being compatible with FreeBSD seems a worthwhile
goal to set.

Please note that, while I suggested this as a project, I do not have
enough technical experience to act as a mentor for this project.

  - Hubert

--
Genervt von Viren und von Viren versandten Spam-Mails?  -> www.NetBSD.de
Fed up from viruses & virus-originated spam mail?       -> www.NetBSD.org