Subject: Re: spamd (was Re: CVS commit: src/etc)
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-security
Date: 04/13/2005 13:12:12
On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 01:36:06AM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
> I don't see that it makes any difference; anybody else using current
> not only ought to be aware that incompatable changes go in, but *has*
> to be aware of that. Far more major changes than this have happened to
> subsystems in current.

Of course.  However it seems like this issue did kind of come out
of nowhere, months after the code/names were introduced.  I can't
get too excited about either situation and I don't understand why
documentation changes weren't considered as long as there's no
direct conflict in the absolute path of executables or configuration
files.

I'm a little miffed that the change was made while discussion was
in progress.  I hadn't seen anything resembling consensus or any
indication that it was passed up to core or anything.  I don't
think that I'm _that_ behind on mail, although I suppose it's
possible.

spamd is a bad name in any case.  bane-of-my-existance-d, maybe.
Or optoutd.  Or file13d.  Or getyourfilthyhandsoffmymailboxd.
Or maybe it's just a cold, rainy day here.

-allen

--
                  Use NetBSD!  http://www.NetBSD.org/