Subject: Re: spamd (was Re: CVS commit: src/etc)
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org, tech-security@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-security
Date: 04/11/2005 23:29:44
>> Tomorrow morning, I will be committing changes to pfspamd to use
>> /etc/pfspamd.conf and /var/chroot/pfspamd, and to rename spamlogd to
>> pfspamlogd, for consistency.  This requires two lines of changed
>> code under src/dist/pf.
> don't forget about usage(), syslog ident, service name, group name,
> etc.

You mean those things aren't driven off argv[0] or __progname or
whatever it's called this week?  I should certainly expect usage() to
be and probably syslog tags too.  Service name and group name are
perhaps less important to change, but they too should be compile-time
constants which can be set in the Makefile (and if they're not I submit
the change we should make is to make them so, rather than to change
them to a different hardwired string).

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign