Subject: Re: snort daemon starts up and dies (cont'ed)
To: Adrian Portelli <adrianp@stindustries.net>
From: Jeff Green <greenjb@unk.edu>
List: tech-security
Date: 03/19/2005 07:40:33
Thanks Adrian,

Currently I'm running 1.6.2 on a mac68k, uname -a gives me:

NetBSD centris 1.6.2 NetBSD 1.6.2 (GENERIC) #0: Tue Feb 10 22:45:47 UTC
2004
autobuild@tgm.netbsd.org:/autobuild/netbsd-1-6-PATCH002/mac68k/OBJ/autobuild/netbsd-1-6-PATCH002/src/sys/arch/mac68k/compile/GENERIC
mac68k

with some more from dmesg | grep 68 gives:

Apple Macintosh Centris 610  (68040)
fpu0 at mainbus0 (mc68040)

I checked last night and the latest version of snort for either 1.6.2
that was on the package list for mac68k is still 2.0.2 (nothing there
yet for 2.0). I built a cross compiler on my debian machine for my
netbsd system on my centris, but only have tested it on really small
stuff. I might try it out on a more recent version of snort (though I
suspect that may involve library dependencies which will probably kill
that effort).

I picked tech-security because that was the only list that had any
relevant history when I searched for snort in the archives.

jeff