Subject: Re: FUD about CGD and GBDE
To: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
From: Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely12.cicely.de>
List: tech-security
Date: 03/03/2005 19:06:38
On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 06:51:08PM +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <200503022115.j22LFnWk083926@marlena.vvi.at>, "ALeine" writes:
> >phk@phk.freebsd.dk wrote:
> >
> >> I gave up on journalling myself because IMO it complicates
> >> things a lot and the problem it solves is very very small.
> >
> >If only hardware manufacturers were to equip hard drives with
> >a mechanism to ensure atomic writes.
>
> I would prefer "If only some bloddy laywer would stop suing
> any person who tries to market a NVRAM PCI card" :-(

Damn - there is a patent or leagal restriction on something like that?
Well - I think that many gbde users are running notebooks so
it is required to be available in other form factors as well.
I could imagine doing a USB full/high speed umass device.

bernd@bwct.de                                  info@bwct.de