Subject: cgd randomkey at start
To: None <tech-security@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Weniger <CWeniger@gmx.de>
List: tech-security
Date: 03/01/2005 17:24:18
hi,

i just want to encrypt (using cgd) my swap partition and the /tmp
partion with a randomkey at startup. My problem is that /dev/random is
empty at startup and so cgd hangs and can't generate a randomkey until
i help and generate random data by typing on the keyboard. That's not a
solution because i'm going to use the computer without a keyboard.

So how can i genrate random data without sitting in fornt of the pc?
Or can i use /dev/urandom for the randomkey? (i found a 2 year old mail
with the same
problem:
http://groups.google.de/groups?selm=200309121954.h8CJsaFO025666%40server.duh.org&output=gplain
  - but it seems that there is no option "urandomkey" today).

regards Christian

--
DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl