Subject: Re: symlink complaints in /etc/security
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 12/07/2003 20:40:23
On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 09:14:06AM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Perry E.Metzger wrote:
> > Many of us get nightly complaints from /etc/security about lots of
> > files we have as symlinks.
> Yes, I have this same problem, and find it annoying. I solved it by
> simply changing my mtree.conf to say that that file should be a symlink,
> but this is not an optimal solution, as it doesn't check what the
> symlink is pointing to.

I think it would be nice to have a local mtree.local.conf that would
override the system configuration files (so that upgrades are easier).
This, combined with doing the right thing with links would answer the
need, wouldn't it?

I'd be willing to look at this, but I probably won't have a chance to
do so anytime soon.

-allen

 Wasabi Systems, Inc.             http://www.wasabisystems.com/