Subject: Re: krb5 for ssh2
To: None <tech-security@netbsd.org>
From: Ossi Herrala <oherrala@ee.oulu.fi>
List: tech-security
Date: 05/15/2003 16:28:42
On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 12:25:39PM +0100, Chris Pinnock wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 02:46:52AM +0900, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
> > 	krb5 support for ssh2 is committed to openssh main tree (usr.bin/ssh
> > 	in openbsd).  if anyone cares, i can bring the portion in.  let me know.
>
> I don't use Kerberos for mission critical stuff, but am playing with it
> at the moment. I think it would be useful to have this code in basesrc.

Yes. That krb5 in ssh2 would be really cool. I like Kerberos.

But krb5 is only for authentication. Is there any way to transfer user
information (info in /etc/passwd) across networked machines which
authenticate users though krb5? Now I need to add users (or copy
info from /etc/passwd) to all machines and then authenticate with krb5.
And I'm asking how to do it in NetBSD?

--
Ossi Herrala, OH8HUB
Personal PGP key at http://stekt.oulu.fi/~oherrala/pgp.asc