Subject: Re: Ethernet frame padding bug - CERT VU #412115 (xs4)
To: Rogier Krieger <rogier@virgiel.nl>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-security
Date: 01/15/2003 23:29:26
On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 11:34:27PM +0100, Rogier Krieger wrote:
> Would you have an overview of which drivers are affected?

>From a look at MI drivers:
these drivers should be OK, but I didn't test them:
dev/i2o/iopl.c
dev/ic/aic6915.c
dev/ic/cs89x0.c
dev/ic/gem.c
dev/ic/i82557.c
dev/ic/lemac.c
dev/ic/mtd803.c
dev/pci/if_bge.c
dev/pci/if_pcn.c
dev/pci/if_sip.c
dev/pci/if_stge.c
dev/pci/if_wm.c
dev/pcmcia/if_cnw.c
dev/sbus/be.c
dev/sbus/qe.c
dev/usb/if_aue.c
dev/usb/if_cue.c
dev/usb/if_kue.c
dev/ic/mb86960.c
dev/ic/smc91cxx.c
dev/isa/if_iy.c
dev/pcmcia/if_xi.c
dev/scsipi/if_se.c

I've tested theses and they are fine:
dev/ic/elink3.c
dev/ic/elinkxl.c
dev/ic/hme.c
dev/ic/tulip.c
dev/pci/if_ste.c
dev/pci/if_ti.c
dev/pci/if_tl.c
As dev/ic/tulip.c does properly autopad, dev/pci/if_de.c is probably OK too.

Theses one are wrong, I just commited fixes.
dev/ic/dp8390.c and others using it (see patch, tested ne2000 only)
dev/ic/dp83932.c
dev/ic/i82586.c
dev/ic/rtl81x9.c
dev/ic/seeq8005.c
dev/ic/sgec.c
dev/ic/smc83c170.c
dev/isa/if_eg.c
dev/isa/if_el.c
dev/ofw/ofnet.c
dev/pci/if_vr.c
dev/qbus/if_qe.c
dev/usb/if_url.c

I tested the smc83c170 and ne2000 fixes

I got report that arch/macppc/dev/if_bm.c is OK too. arch/sgimips/hpc/if_sq.c
is wrong, I fixed it.

> I obtained my data through the fxp driver, if this is any help.

The i82557 should be OK, but I didn't test.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>