Subject: Re: CryptoGraphic Disk.
To: None <tech-security@netbsd.org>
From: Nicolas Bruno BASTIEN <lakomok@free.fr>
List: tech-security
Date: 10/06/2002 23:51:47
Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> what I have in mind is a CD that has more than 650MB.
>
>  - Hubert

A CD that have more than 650MB ?
It depends, what kind of data you mind.
For exemple, a NetBSD CD with a lot of port release
just for a specific local network with a lot
of different arch...
Well you know, tar.gz is difficult to compress
anymore.

Anyway, I remember that I used to compress my 120MB
hard drive with my small Amiga 1200 a "few" years ago
with a software called EPU (AmigaOS)
it did what you are asking for: a compressed file system
but I remember also that lha archive-files (that is
somehow the native archive-file format on AmigaOS, using
Huffman-like compression) did not get compressed a lot
even when using XPK's NUKE compressor, that was the best.
--
Nicolas Bruno BASTIEN