Subject: Re: openssl license change
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-security
Date: 09/25/2002 12:37:06
> > 	NetBSD is used by various parties, so we can't tell if it is okay
> > 	for NetBSD project to ship Sun code or not.  the fact that TNF
>
>Right, which only says that the Sun EC patent issue should be prominently
>documented, along with instructions on how to avoid using the Sun EC
>patent.  That way people have the information and can then make a rational
>decision based on the information.

	one problem i was worried about was that the additional patent wording
	was everywhere in openssl source code, so it is difficult to disable
	them.
	it looks that there are efforts to move these code into a single
	directory, so that people can easily disable it
	(see cryptography@wasabisystems.com) just like idea/rc5.

	so we will wait and see how openssl 0.9.7/8 will handle it, and then
	deal with it.

itojun