Subject: Re: openssl license change [close but different topic]
To: , <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 09/24/2002 09:09:12
Ignoring the license issue for the moment.  I've been tracking the openssl
development for several months and been unable to gauge what's going on.
Specifically, I've been trying to figure out when 0.9.7 will get released so
the engine support can be imported off a known release (0.9.7 beta 3 was the
last tagged version).  To complicate matters the stock openssl code has
started to diverge from the openbsd version in ways that is not good (e.g.
bug fixes appearing in openbsd that have yet to appear in openssl after many
months).  I've seriously considered switching to tracking the openbsd
version of openssl instead.

My requests to openssl folks for info like planned release dates have gone
unanswered.

Anyone have meanginful info on what's going on?  No openbsd flames please.

    Sam