Subject: Re: openssl license change
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-security
Date: 09/24/2002 22:06:12
>I'd suspect that the best thing for anyone who might be affected by
>that difference should do, is enter into an explicit agreement with Sun,
>or not use the code at all (that is, ignore the covenant).   For those who
>have no patents at all, the covenant they give will be just fine, and
>cause no problems at all.

	NetBSD is used by various parties, so we can't tell if it is okay
	for NetBSD project to ship Sun code or not.  the fact that TNF
	doesn't have any patent (which you have mentioned earlier) does not
	help us decide, at all.
	so for the TNF to serve people best, i think we should take the safest
	approach - to avoid extra clause enforced by Sun. (or do you think it
	okay to limit NetBSD users to those who are not affected by the clause?)

itojun