Subject: Re: openssl license change
To: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: tech-security
Date: 09/24/2002 04:36:12
On Feb 14,  6:19am, Chris Wareham wrote:
} Robert Elz wrote:
} > Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
} >
} > > it looks that openssl will have the following copyright boilerplate
} > > for the import of elliptic curve code.  therefore it won't meet our
} > > "basesrc" requirement, and i guess it won't even fit into "gnusrc".
} > > what shall we do about it?  no updates for openssl portion?
} >
} > No, assuming that the "OpenSSL open source license provided above" is
} > OK (I'm assuming it is without actually checking), then nothing in the
} > rest of what's there will bother anyone.
}
} The OpenBSD guys seem to taking it badly. They're planning on forking

     Yeah, so?  They take everything badly and have a tendency to react
in a rash manner.  I'm not saying that it is good or bad.  I'm just
saying that TNF shouldn't base its decisions on what OpenBSD does.

}-- End of excerpt from Chris Wareham