Subject: RE: 1024 bit key considered insecure (sshd)
To: Actually davidchr <davespam@microsoft.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-security
Date: 09/14/2002 13:53:16
On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Actually davidchr wrote:

> Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I don't see anything of
> this kind.

"You agree that in order to protect the integrity of content and
software protected by digital rights management ('Secure Content'),
Microsoft may provide security related updates to the OS Components
that will be automatically downloaded onto your computer. These
security related updates may disable your ability to copy and/or
play Secure Content and use other software on your computer. If we
provide such a security update, we will use reasonable efforts to
post notices on a web site explaining the update."

Got to like that. "...and use other software." Essentially, this
gives MS the right to disable anything on your system they want,
at any time.

This is apparently appearing in all service packs, now....

cjs