Subject: RE: 1024 bit key considered insecure (sshd)
To: Jan Wildeboer <jan.wildeboer@gmx.de>
From: Actually davidchr <davespam@microsoft.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 09/04/2002 18:09:16
> From: Jan Wildeboer [mailto:jan.wildeboer@gmx.de]=20
> To: Michael W Mitton
> Cc: freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG; tech-security@netbsd.org;=20
> misc@openbsd.org

[...]

> They would pay Bill a fraction of that and we can be sure that all=20
> windows machines will send unencryted copies of each and=20
> every mail to a=20
> federal server.

Yeah, the above was probably a joke.  However, it's amazing what people
believe about MS, so FYI:

It would be stupid of us to knowingly put a backdoor into Windows or any
other MS product.  A very large percentage of our customers reside
outside the USA, and many of them don't trust US Companies as a rule.
If we added backdoors to our software, we'd lose those customers
(probably forever), and losing customers is not high on our priority
list.

-----
This message or posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.
Message may originate from an unmonitored alias ("davespam").  If so,
use "davidchr" instead.
Any opinions or policies stated within are my own and do not necessarily
constitute those of my employer.
I reside in Washington, USA, where Title 19 declares that sending me
Unsolicited Commercial Email can result in a $500 fine.
Harvesting of this address for purposes of bulk email (spam and UCE) is
expressly prohibited unless by my explicit prior request.  I retaliate
viciously against spammers and spam sites.