Subject: Re: Heads up: suspicious source distribution of OpenSSH 3.4p1 found (xs4)
To: Rogier Krieger <rogier@virgiel.nl>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: tech-security
Date: 08/01/2002 11:50:26
Thanks for letting us know.

We are aware of the issue, and NetBSD's OpenSSH in basesrc and in pkgsrc
have NOT been affected.

The distribution files on ftp.netbsd.org are clean, and never had the
trojan code. (Mirror sites retrieve from there, and should be unaffected
as well.)

Pkgsrc users would be secured by the SHA1 hash test performed on any
retrieved distfile, in the event that pkgsrc used a non-NetBSD
controlled ftp site to retrieve a distribution file.

We appreciate notification if any user receives a checksum mismatch
warning while installing OpenSSH or any other package.

					David Maxwell
					for security-officer@netbsd.org