Subject: Heads up: suspicious source distribution of OpenSSH 3.4p1 found (xs4)
To: NetBSD tech-security list <tech-security@netbsd.org>
From: Rogier Krieger <rogier@virgiel.nl>
List: tech-security
Date: 08/01/2002 15:23:40
Hello there everyone,

perhaps this is already known to you (in which case I apologise for
the double-post; however upon checking the archives, I did not find
this subject however)

I just got this in through the Dutch Educational CERT (CERT-NL).
They have not yet posted on their website (as far as I can tell), but
presumably they will soon. Their website is: [ http://www.cert-nl.nl/ ].

I suspect in building the tree sources and pkg sources all MD5
sums are checked, showing something out of the ordinary. Still,
sending this notice can't really hurt, given the importance of OpenSSH

I hope this is of use. You'll find the original message below.

Sincerely,

Rogier Krieger