Subject: Re: Dante; what exactly are security mechanisms of pkgsrc?
To: None <tech-security@netbsd.org>
From: Ing.,BcA. Ivan Dolezal <ivan.dolezal@vsb.cz>
List: tech-security
Date: 07/12/2002 17:17:35
Hello,

    my apologize if anyone felt offended by "chaotic mess".

    I used this as a strong hyperbole, opposite to "organized system of
gathering information about every single package in the pkgsrc"

    BTW, Alistair: you say "I am employed by Wasabi Systems, but it's
not my principal job function. In fact, it's not part of my job at all."
If I paid to Wasabi Systems to care for security of my system installed
just from packages from pkgsrc, would there be someone whose principal
job function would be to support me with this kind of information --
like Red Hat does IMHO for its commercial clients using Red Hat Network?

Sincerely,

Ivan Dolezal