Subject: tech-security@netbsd.org filtering
To: None <tech-security@netbsd.org>
From: Theo de Raadt <deraadt@cvs.openbsd.org>
List: tech-security
Date: 06/27/2002 19:56:53
since i have seen 3 posts from myself filtered from posting to the
tech-security@netbsd.org mailing list ("moderation, they call it"),
from now on i am not going to let NetBSD developers know when i find a
security problem.

the last one i found was earlier today, and i have alerted itojun and
it will go into the netbsd ktrace code soon.

i am sure that someone like itojun can speak up to say that i am
finding things, and that my conversation with him is useful.  itojun
and i will continue to work on other things, but security things will
not be passed on.  itojun, i am sorry.

other stuff was fixed in our tree today, of course.  once again we are
active in auditing the tree, this time for other new classes of bugs
we have become aware of.

but this is the last alert i am sharing in that direction until this
policy is reviewed and changes are made.

cheers.

--
This space not left unintentionally unblank.		deraadt@openbsd.org
Open Source means some restrictions apply, limits are placed, often quite