Subject: Re: Not really an advocacy :-(
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: None <ivan.dolezal@vsb.cz>
List: tech-security
Date: 06/21/2002 19:18:13
> You could use pkg_add and be done with it almost as quick. In fact, if you
> trusted it enough, you could something via cron too.

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.5.2/alpha/All/

No way.

Now I found out that the update is in
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc/www/apache/
.but patches/ is dated 06/21/02  06:17:00

Is that the spirit of NetBSD that for day-to-day operation you should not need
to play with -current tree? <http://www.netbsd.org/Releases/> I thought that it
was Linux mantra to live "permanently under development." Unfortunately, the
image is different: while they released patches to formal releases, I am forced
to go to current tree...