Subject: Re: Not really an advocacy :-(
To: Ing.,BcA. Ivan Dolezal <ivan.dolezal@vsb.cz>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-security
Date: 06/21/2002 09:48:52
On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Ing.,BcA. Ivan Dolezal wrote:

> My point was that at the moment when I found out about the problem,
> Debian Linux people had already automatically installed DEB packages
> with fixed SW... because they put apt-get update && apt-get upgrade in
> their crontabs. *sigh*

I didn't use crontab, but that is how I updated a few Debian servers.

I am pretty sure there were binary packages for updated Apache for NetBSD
available yesterday. (Because there are a few people working on providing
regular bulk pkgsrc builds for major releases on different architectures.)

You could use pkg_add and be done with it almost as quick. In fact, if you
trusted it enough, you could something via cron too.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/