Subject: Re: more Sudo..
To: Curt D McIntosh <cmcintos@csc.com>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: tech-security
Date: 04/27/2002 18:45:23
--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

hi,

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 12:33:58PM -0400, Curt D McIntosh wrote:
> Let me restate the scenario:
>=20
> I have a Ultra 60 with and Internal CDROM and an external cd burner.
> During installation of the software for the burner, it told me that it had
> disabled the automount feature and that you must manually mount the SOURCE
> cdrom before you burn to the target cd burner.

if this is Solaris (as i assume from your mail), you can specify which
drives you want to be managed by vold and leave burner exluded in
/etc/vold.conf. this way your cdrom would be mounted automagically
without any user intervention and you just will need to set appropriate
privileges to burner device.

> What I need to do is allow all users on the system (about 20) to mount the
> source CDROM without giving everyone root access.

vold(1M), vold.conf(4)

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=