Subject: Re: default passwd.conf file
To: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: tech-security
Date: 04/15/2002 03:46:30
I think it should "just work" for the pkgsrc version also - at least, I've
used programs on non-md5-crypt machines, and moved them over to my NetBSD
machine which uses md5, and crypt() seems to recognize what type of password
hashing was used and act accordingly. (ie a database that had DES passwords
still works fine, and I can put MD5 passwords in it and it still works)

--
/~\ The ASCII                         Sean Davis
\ / Ribbon Campaign                    aka dive