Subject: need to change Ethernet MAC address?
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: =?big5?q?=20=20=20?= <benson0802@yahoo.com.tw>
List: tech-security
Date: 02/26/2002 11:06:09
Hi dear folks,

           I am looking for one easy way (¡Kto use it
is easy, to implement it is not easy at all~~)

to change MAC address of a network card in NetBSD,
let¡¦s say card i82557 of Intel.

I tried to study the source code for i82557 to know
the location of the register on the NIC to write, but

am not that good enough to understand those codes,
especially knowing how to write with ioctl. I also

have an idea of modifying ifconfig so that it can set
the hardware address as the linux¡¦s version of
ifconfig.

But again, I was knocked down with ioctl.

           I am not sure how much effort it would take
to write a patch for ifconfig with ¡VH option to set
MAC address

or any other possible way one can provide me with.

Can anyone help me with this? I greatly appreciate
your help.

Best Regards,

Benson

< ¨C¤Ñ³£ Yahoo!©_¼¯ >  www.yahoo.com.tw