Subject: Re: OpenSSH 3.0.2 and authorized_keys?
To: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: tech-security
Date: 01/13/2002 19:49:29
--jesV4P1FjH8FXPjZ

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 04:38:35PM -0500, John Klos wrote:
> After upgrading reva.sixgirls.org's ssh to OpenSSH 3.0.2, I can no longer
> log in to remote hosts where I have an ~/.ssh/authorized_keys. I tried
> recreating my private and public identity files and putting the new
> identity.pub into the other machines' authorized_keys, but it still ddoes
> not work.
>=20
> If I use the old ssh binary, I can still connect fine.
>=20
> Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how is it fixed?

What does sshd -d -d -d show about the connection?

The format for authorized_keys changed in OpenSSH 3.x; both SSH-1
and SSH-2 keys can be in the same file now, but the SSH-1 ones may
have to be tagged differently (I don't recall). Cleaning out your
authorized_keys file and recreating it with the appropriate keys may
make your problem go away.

(Check the man page installed with 3.0.2, but I *think*
authorized_keys2 will still be honored if it exists, but that
functionality is subject to change, so you'll want to move away from
separating RSA and DSA keys from RSA1 keys in the authorized_keys
files.)

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net