Subject: Re: Friewall rules for NAT w/ DHCP outside address
To: <>
From: Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 07/21/2001 04:25:25
gabriel,

Thank you.  I have two more questions:

1:  I am a bit confused about dealing with the NAT/DHCP issue.  What has me
stumped is that if I want to do a:

block in log quick on tun0 proto tcp from any to <internal network> port = 23
or
block out log quick on tun0 proto tcp from <internal network> to any port = 23

What do I put in for the internal network?  The IP is assigned via DHCP.  Is
my only choice to use any?

2: I need to redirect some incoming requests.  I am running a web server and
mail server on a machine behind the firewall and I would like incoming
requests to be redirect to that machine.  How do I configure NAT to do that?

Sam