Subject: Re: integrating /etc/changelist into mtree
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@warthog.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 05/03/2001 16:06:28
Verily did Hubert Feyrer write:

> Um, you're aiming for a little much functionality in mtree here. IMHO
> that's not needed for mtree, and should not be implemented there.
> As an alternative, you could - e.g. - put special comments in some
> mtree file if you want to store data there, and then grep things out
> of that mtree file, putting it into changelist.

The problem with that is that mtree doesn't grok "#.*$" as a valid comment
(using ERE to illustrate my point).  At least it didn't the last I checked.
Otherwise, that would pretty much fall within the request of my PR.

Rob++
Internet: windsor@warthog.com                             __o
Life: Rob@Carrollton.Texas.USA.Earth                    _`\<,_
                                                       (_)/ (_)
The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.