Subject: Re: ssh - are you nuts?!?
To: None <elric@imrryr.org>
From: None <opentrax@email.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 12/20/2000 05:30:09
On 17 Dec, R. C. Dowdeswell wrote:

> On 977040531 seconds since the Beginning of the UNIX epoch
> opentrax@email.com wrote:
>>

>>Are there any more features that might make SSH valuable?
>>I've been told that strong, user-level encryption is available
>>to telnet. So, is adding it by default necessarily a good thing?
>
> Well, ssh has an rsh-like interface which I find more useful than
> telnet.  Ssh also has a lot of features over rsh, like -t,
> automatically setting up X forwarding, having config files where
> you can say `On machine foo log me in as bar', etc.

Sorry, I've heard most of this already. If can add anything else,
like "why you think it's good?" or "what pitfalls you see?",
perhaps we could expand the conversation?

BTW, tommorrow is the last day I can talk on the NetBSD mailing
list. Day after tommorrow, I'm off to FreeBSD, then Linux, and
lastly OpenSSH (if they have a ML). Most of my new years will
be spent reading FAQs and articles on SSH.

Anything you can add will be help. :-)

					Jessem.